Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Thankful

Need to remember on every ride, run, or swim that it could be my last, at least for awhile. Running is something I should especially be grateful for. With my injury history, I could ruin my season, or even career, by just one misstep or one interval too many. Cycling is such a dangerous sport as it is, but to throw in crazy drivers, rain, texting, mechanical failures, a fun, relaxed ride could turn into a tragedy at any given moment. I am trying to be thankful for the body I have been given and to never take it for granted. As much as some of my workouts really suck and I dread doing them, I need to appreciate that I can do them. 

New goal/habit: Saying a quick thank you to God every time I begin a workout. 

"And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."
Colossians 3:17


No comments:

Post a Comment