Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Technology

This post includes all things technology and how I am NOT good with it. 

First things first: YESTERDAY
I got off work early and went to  my final chiropractor appointment before Nationals. WAHOO! I still feel pretty good,  no IT band issues and no other hip pain to report. Went straight to the gym to do a quick 2000 yd workout which included some 100s, some 50s, and 25s fast! but with lots of rest. Then I jumped in the car to go over to the track... I guess it's kind of like transition? Did 1 mile at all out effort. I am still technologically inept and somehow managed to not start my watch and didn't realize it until I was 200m in to the mile. ARGH. So my 1400m was 5:48, but my Garmin said my average pace was 6:02... so about that-ish. My legs felt strong and my feet were light. 

I had planned  on going to Yoga after the run, but when I got home and saw my computer... I knew I had more important business to take care of. What is more important than a good stretch-sesh? Watching WEEDS. However, it literally took me like 3 un-installations, 4 downloads, and 2 computer restarts to get the stupid Microsoft Siverlight to work on my computer which is THE ONLY WAY you can watch Netflix on your computer. It was so obnoxious and needless to say I was quite frustrated. But after watching 4 episodes, I had forgotten about all the issues and it was TOTALLY worth it. 

TODAY
I was up and at 'em at 6 this morning to ride with my neighbor. I wanted to get my ride in before work so I could take my bike to the shop today and get the "race ready blessing". Easy, semi-short, nothing too exciting. Since we are leaving for Nationals tomorrow (OMG) and I trust very, very few people with my bike, I wanted to get things sorted out today. Therefore, I am rockin' the mom-mobile today (aka the minivan). 

As you can tell, I have updated the blog just a bit. I added my races and a new "Thank You" page. I had some issues with things clicking and working, but it should be fixed now. And if anyone out there is a blog expert, feel free to help a girl out.

And I leave you with a verse regarding trust in God. It seems appropriate for a day like today. 
"Trust in the Lord with  all your heart; and lean not to your own understanding." Proverbs 3:5

Have a terrific Tuesday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment