Saturday, August 11, 2012

New Toys!!!!

Exciting news! I got myself a new toy... two new toys actually. I am going to do a full review of them soon, but for right now I am still trying to figure out how to use them. I am kind of slow when it comes to technology. So instead of pressing buttons and pretending to know what I am doing, I went ahead and read the owner's manual! Shocking... I know! 

BRAND. NEW. GARMIN. 910XT! 

It is so much fun though I am still trying to figure it all out. I have never really run with pace so it is definitely something I will have to get used to. I really don't want to get obsessed with numbers though. Pace/speed are not good indicators of fitness/intensity in my book, unless of course you are on a track... but even then you have to factor in the wind... okay maybe that's a long shot. But really, unless you are running on a course that is fairly consistent. 

I really only use cadence when I am on the bike and usually just go by feel on the run, although sometimes I do use heart rate for both. But now that I have the gear to use numbers, maybe it will be something that I enjoy using as a fitness gauge. Who knows.

Other than that, things have been pretty mellow around here these past few days. My mom, sisters and brother are down in Chattanooga, TN with some friends. I opted not to go, so I am home with my dad. Sitting in the car for 16 hours this weekend to turn around and drive another 10 on Wednesday to go to NATIONALS just didn't seem that appealing. I am also quite stressed with going back to school, the apartment fiasco, etc. So my better judgement (and Connie's) decided to stay back and hang out with my friends here before we part ways and go back to school. And get myself ready to go back to school! I'm not really going to have time after National's, just a few days. So, I went ahead and packed up most of my nice clothes, some fall stuff, and my t-shirts! One step at a time baby! 

It's hard to believe that this summer is almost over! Where did it go?

No comments:

Post a Comment