Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Just What the Doctor Ordered

After a tough week of training, mostly mental, I needed a weekend to do me. I don't know why, but I have just had such a hard time with my training. It is SO HOT outside, I am EXHAUSTED, and quite frankly, my mind is just ready to race and be done. I know that this happens, especially a few weeks leading up to the taper. This is my last hard week before the taper and I am ready to kick it in the ass, but that's only because I had such an awesome weekend, with awesome friends, and relaxed a bit.

Friday, I had a nice little recovery ride with a friend I hadn't ridden with since last summer!  And it was awesome. The best part was that it was so much easier to keep up this time around, I have really gotten SO MUCH BETTER at cycling. Then I went to the pool and laid out for 7 hours. That's right, you heard me, seven whole hours. I did get a little sun-kissed, but it was absolutely perfect. It ended up storming so I was unable to sneak my swim in for the day, so I just decided to move it to Saturday.

I woke up around 8 on Saturday morning, I had a busy day! I did my hour run with 20 minutes of 10k effort running, my legs seized up a little on me, but overall, a good run. I rinsed off in the shower, made a quick bowl of oatmeal, and hopped in the car for my history final! Thank goodness that class is over, I was definitely over it. I went straight to the pool after my test to do my workout from Friday (20x100 1:45-1:30 in groups of 5). It was a great workout. Then it was off to shower, put my pretty girl face on, and go to Arlington!

I visited my friends who had already graduated from JMU. It was so much fun. We grilled over a flower planter filled with charcoal, we went on a walk, a dance party, and of course, a 3 am trip to IHOP! The next morning called for a bike ride, but the bike ride was on the trail in Arlington, I thought it was tough to ride on because there were so many people, so I couldn't go as fast as I would have like to, however, it was great for bike handling. The rest of the day was spent watching movies, eating chips and guacamole, napping, a trip to Trader Joes, and a kitchen cooking/dance party. We made fajitas, potatoes, rice, chicken, steak, and a fruit salad (with whipped cream duh!) We had such a blast, everyone hanging out. Then after dinner, I went on my first motorcycle ride. Totally dangerous, totally worth it. My mom was so mad when I told her, but I took proper safety precautions and had a blast. I really do have that "need for speed".

I drove home yesterday, I left Arlington at 5:30 and was home by 7:45. Great traffic! I came home to a rotisserie chicken and mashed potatoes. And if you're wondering, yes I took the day off, yes it felt wonderful. It concluded the perfect ending to a mentally and physically challenging week. Now I just have to make it through this week, and its time to start that taper! And luckily, I have a small beach weekend trip planned for the weekend before Nationals to really relax, enjoy myself, and get ready to kill it!

time to go back to work...

No comments:

Post a Comment