Monday, November 26, 2012

Triathlete Turned Couch Potato

We're on Day 9-10ish of the sickness from hell. No I did not go on the bike ride Wednesday morning like I had hoped. I ended up going to Minute Clinic at CVS because no one was home to drive me 20 minutes to the doctor. I felt that bad. I was diagnosed with an ear infection and put on antibiotics. I was in bed all day on Thanksgiving aside from a few bites of turkey and potatoes. 

Unfortunately, the antibiotics didn't do much and my throat (and now face) were still extremely swollen on Friday. My doctor prescribed me some steroids for the swelling which really seemed to help. Regardless, I am still really tired and have almost no appetite and have a pounding headache all the time.
 
I have never ever been one to sit around ALL DAY. Occasionally, I take a real recovery day after a hard, hard effort or race. However, I don't remember the last time I sat or laid down for 9 days straight! I am so miserable and SO bored. I try to do school work so I don't fall too far behind, but every time I try to do something productive, I fall asleep or can't seem to formulate any ideas that sound relatively educated much like this post. 

For now, it is just resting at home and taking my medicine. I got some bloodwork done today, so hopefully we will have an answer soon! None of the doctor's I have seen are jumping to the mono conclusion. Anyway, I'm hoping for the best and trying to remain positive. I am just starting to get really bummed :(


No comments:

Post a Comment