Saturday, September 1, 2012

Week 1 Round Up

Week 1 of Junior year is done! Man, it is going to be so, so busy, but I love it. Not only am I in school, still training hard, but I also got a job!

Reasons why this year is going to rock (in no particular order):

1. My classes are absolutely wonderful. I am so excited to finally be really getting into my major classes. However, 3 of my classes meet once a week for three hours, I'm not sure I like it those so much. Even though my teachers give us a small 10 minute break in the middle of class, but I still get ants in my pants! We made these in our "Children's Engineering" class on Wednesday night. They are name cards that have a picture of something we like to do. It had to stand up on its own and a part that moves. I hung a wheel on mine.

2. Living off campus. Though it has only been about 8 days of living in my apartment, I am so happy. My roommate and I get along swimmingly (SARAH! See what I did there??). We have so much fun together, probably too much fun... hopefully it stays this way. The best thing about the situation is that we pick up after each other. If one of us leaves something in the sink, the other will put it away and its sort of a rotation. For example: One day I made a huge batch of rice for us to share. I ended up leaving but I left the containers out on the counter, Sarah put them all away in individual serving sizes. It just works perfectly. I enjoy living off campus because it is nice to just get away from campus. It is nice to have somewhere to go home to. I never understood what upperclassmen meant by that until now. 

3. I will be working a few hours a week as the Project Engineering Intern for Skanska. Money in the bank! It appears that the job is going to be fun and good, hard work. 

4. MY NEW SADDLE!!!!! Nuff said. 


Cobb V-Flow Max. Not a great picture but its something.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am off to do a trainer ride here in a little bit. The plan was to ride long and run long this weekend, but unfortunately it is raining like crazy ALL day today. I am rather annoyed at the situation. 

Regardless though, I have a feeling that the rest of this weekend is going to be awesome and I can't wait.

I love crappy quality phone pictures
Also, shout out to Erin the Elf, because well, I love her.


No comments:

Post a Comment