Monday, December 10, 2012

Realizations

As this semester concludes, I am beginning to realize more and more that I am the opposite of invincible. I way overloaded myself and am beginning to see this.

1. My grades have been much better in the past. It isn't that they are necessarily bad grades, they just aren't as good. Some of this probably has to do with some combination of taking classes that aren't for my major and new teachers. But I also know that some of this is because I am SO busy. Sometimes I am scrambling last second to finish an assignment. I hate that feeling.

2. Mono got the best of me, not one strand but BOTH viruses that cause mono. Typical Courtney. It is so damn frustrating that I couldn't do anything for 2 weeks. Even more frustrating that today I feel terrible because my prescription for steroids ran out. I am so tired and my head and throat feel like they are 10x their usual size. Of course, this would happen the week finals start.

3. MY HIPS. My gosh darn hips stink so bad. I have no idea what's wrong. I am hoping that this is just a case of illiopsoas tendonitis or something soft tissue like that. I am icing and stretching and bridging and everything I should be doing. I thought it was better but apparently not. I am going to the doctor at home on Friday. I literally cannot walk comfortably and it is so frustrating. Luckily riding my bike doesn't hurt and I am going to swim and pool run in a little bit and see how that feels. I am just praying for good news at the doctor. I just don't know how I am going to handle ANOTHER injury that puts me out for months at a time this YEAR (AKA the femur fracture in January). I can handle a few weeks but not months. Please, not months. I feel like I deserve at least a year or two of pretty much pain free running after being off running from October 2011-March 2012.

And on that note, off to the gym. Prayers are totally appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment